Skin Protection from Adhesives
ConvaTec Skin Care Products
Adhesives can leave skin vulnerable to a range of issues:
- Pain and stinging
- Skin stripping
- Irritation and redness
- Residue build up
Our Sensi-Care® Sting Free line includes adhesive releasers, removers and skin barrier products designed to protect at-risk skin from the damaging effects of adhesives, body waste and friction.
- Revis DR, Caffee HH. Pressure ulcers, nonsurgical treatment and principles. February 14, 2006. eMedicine Web site. http://www.emedicine.com. Accessed October 15, 2007.
- Gray M, Ratliff C, Donovan A. Perineal skin care for the incontinent patient. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2002 Jul/Aug;15:170-178.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Number 3: Pressure Ulcers in Adults: Prediction and Prevention. Rockville, Md: US Dept of Health and Human Services, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; 1992. AHCPR publication 92-0047.
- Hoggarth A, Waring M, Alexander J, Greenwood A, Callaghan T. A controlled, three-part trial to investigate the barrier function and skin hydration properties of six skin protectants. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2005 Dec;51(12):30-42.
- Bryant RA, Clark RAF. Skin pathology and types of damage. In: Bryant RA, Nix DP. Acute & Chronic Wounds: Current Management Concepts. 3rd ed. St Louis, Mo: Mosby, Inc; 2007:100-109.