In an in vitro biofilm model, AQUACEL® Ag+ Extra dressing demonstrated superior ability to destroy biofilm and prevent reformation.28,30
In an adapted DFA-recognized in vivo biofilm model19, Ag+ Technology in combination with Hydrofiber® Technology demonstrated:*
• 95% greater reduction by day 6 (p<0.05)39††
A significantly greater rate of epithelialization and granulation vs. PHMB gauze39.
• 48% more granulation tissue by day 6 (p<0.05)
• 24% more epithelial tissue by day 6 (p<0.05)
In a prospective, multi-center, non-comparative study on 42 chronic venus leg ulcer patients with at-risk or infected wounds^ where biofilm is highly likely. Ag+ Technology in combination with Hydrofiber® Technology demonstrated*††.
• 54% reduction in ulcer area for all wounds
• 70% reduction in ulcer area for infected wounds